Thursday, January 21, 2010

Guns, teachers and self defense

Okay I came across the link to this article while going through one of the threads on a webboard I belong to:

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/letters/articles/2009/12/28/guns_teachers_and_self_defense/

Now I must say, my initial reaction is "words fail me"


I mean the whole thing makes me want to vomit. then there was the final sentence
"But as a progressive, I would sooner lay my child to rest than succumb to the belief that the use of a gun for self-defense is somehow not in itself a gun crime."

Holy Hell! The thought processes behind that sentence, behind the whole letter, boggle the mind. It simply does not compute. Now the discussion in the comments section got appropriately interesting. With some people actually agreeing with this mental midget.
One of the commentators suggested that this idiot be removed from the teaching profession and have his kids removed from his care. I'll fervently second the 1st...don't know that I'd favor the second. Although explaining the true facts of life to his kids 'could' possibly be beneficial.

These are the kinds of idiots in charge in D.C. and elsewhere. It is people who think like this who are part and parcel of the bureaucracies that run most schools and their districts. These are the kind of people we want teaching our children? I think not.

1 comment:

  1. I would rather my daughter's teacher be armed to the teeth, like Israeli teachers, than have to bury her. This might also return some discipline to public schools, too.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop a line but try and keep it civil if it breaks into a heated discussion.