Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Earth Day 2014!

Whoopee shit. Yes yes one of those "feel good" nonsense days where everyone claims to love the earth, says all the right things, turns off all their electronics for an hour or 3 and goes out to gab, join hands with their neighbors and sing kumbaya..

Normally on this day I do a whole bunch of things to spit in the face of the earth but..today? *shrug* just too much effort. I don't have anything down from the freezer, so nothing to cook on the bbq pit, making whatever meat I cook scream in agony and the fire gods laugh with glee. Can't afford a monstrous water bill so no leaving the water running non stop and washing both vehicles with evil chemical cleansers,  seeing as how I washed them sunday.   OTOH a great many of the lights and electronics in the house are running full tilt boogie.  The front and back yard got cut with that evil fossil fuel powered lawn mower.  Oh the screams of pain coming from the grass and bugs was music to my ears. got the same thrill when I weedeated but alas...not for as   long and not as much.  Oh I did make my tree scream by trimming back some of the branches a little. still got more to go.  So my "Spit upon earth day" anti earth day campaign wasn't a total wash out. 

What are you prepared to do today?

Remember TANSTAAFL and...|

I now return you to your regularly scheduled inanity and insanity.

1 comment:

  1. I saved some Baby Seal Cutlets for today. They're grilling over burning tires. . .

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop a line but try and keep it civil if it breaks into a heated discussion.