Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Kermit Gosnell, sentence pronounced!

Was just on the fb page of one of the affiliates up in Austin.  Apparently they pronounced Gosnell's sentence already.

"Wait...they weren't supposed to start deliberations on it til next week! How is this possible?" you ask?

Well my first thought was that maybe he waived the jury option and threw himself on the mercy of the judge...then I remembered Gosnelll called the judge a racist bastards so that left that out. Then I read the article.

Apparently either Gosnell told his attorney or his attorney convinced Gosnell to let the attorney go to the prosecutors and let the attorney bargain with them. The bargain?  Gosnell would waive ALL RIGHT to an appeal if they'd take the Death Penalty off the table.  Apparently the prosecutors office went for it. 

So Gosnell was sentenced to 2 life sentences without possibility of parole. Now, while I'm not thrilled with his deal I understand the reasoning behind accepting it.
   Gosnell with all the appeals would be long dead of old age anyway before sentence could be carried out. I know this to be a realistic possibility because there are some old fuckers here in Texas on Death Row that have been there since it's inception.  Put it this way...their prisoner numbers are double and triple digits as opposed to the mix of numerals and numbers it's been for years and years now. They've been in THAT long.

Now according to my old man who I chatted with briefly about this with a few minutes ago said that if that's the case,  shit just may get real interesting.  Roe V. Wade interesting..  According to some of the analysts it's possible conservatives may get their shit together and go to the United States Supreme Court [USSC] and try and get Roe V, Wade overturned and tossed out.  One of their star witnesses if they do this could probably be Gosnell himself and he'd testify in front of the USSC against Roe V. Wade.   That abortion is infanticide, murder on a grand scale because babies are viable human beings long before they leave the womb. evidence? video of a late term aborted baby that was cut out of it's mother swimming round in a toilet bowl before it died,  ultrasound pictures of babies in the womb[and how many of us haven't seen those..one my friends just put up one of her unborn child sucking it's thumb.] so on and so forth.

I said I'd post this here to keep one of my favorite other forums  away from what's considered an issue we never discuss[or as we call it a tarpit issue]  because it just leads to lots of hatred, vitriol, discontent, bannings and the occasional member leaving in a towering rage and never coming back.

I understand there's going to be hard or tumultuous feelings and a shitpot full of cussing probably going on during this discussion if you choose to have it here. So being that I cuss  a lot I'll tolerate quite a bit of  cussing from others in this,  or any other discussion. And I'll freely grant leniency up to a point on the tumultuous feelings.  However...I WILL delete your ass if you go too far. Attack the opposing argument...NOT the poster of the opposing argument. Do I make myself Clear?

I can't heearrrrrr yoooouuuuuu!  I said.. DO I MAKE MY SELF ABSOLUTELY MOTHER FUCKING CLEAR! 


Good...feel free to discuss.  Now return to your corners and await the ringing of the bell...

*DING!*

Remember..TANSTAAFL and...
I now return you to your regularly scheduled inanity and insanity.

13 comments:

  1. Looks like you're missing a few sentences here: " The prosecutors reasoning behind excepting the deal was that if they went with the death penalty and got it. Now, while I'm not thrilled with his deal I understand the reasoning behind accepting it."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, reading more, maybe just out of sequence...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously would Gosnell be a positive witness for anyone in court case for abortion or anything else? Sure Judges are less emotional than Juries to a degree but the best I can see anyone getting out of calling Gosnell as a supporting witness is hoping that they don't get penalised.

    Using Gosnell in support of an anti-abortion case you are either
    1) Claiming that he was an example of standard operating procedures in abortion clinics, and he will get shredded on cross and your case will get damaged. Or
    2) You are calling him as a witness of moral/ethical authority!!! Which does seem to be what you are suggesting they might try. Convicted murderers really don't come across as having good ethical judgement, especially when they consistently denied doing any wrong and claimed he was only convicted because the Judge and Prosecution were racists.

    It would be fun seeing Scalia try and spin it in a positive light though. LMAO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't think the first. Not hardly. I think they'll call him to testify that "abortion is in fact murder". They will call him to testify that we're murdering our children before their even born, and mostly as a form of after the careless fucking has been done, birth control. So that would probably fall right in line and be part and parcel of your 2nd option. Now I they'll probably phrase 2nd half of that "careless fucking" sentence a little more eloquently than myself; but *shrug* that'll be the general gist of it.

      Delete
    2. Note...yeah calling the judge of your trial a racist, just because you happen to be black does kinda destroy you're credibility. But a huge mass of of America has proven themselves terminally brain dead, willing to be spoon fed the usual line of bullshit by the PPM. Some because they've never been taught any better and some because well...they are WILLFULLY ignorant and stupid.

      Delete
  4. The claim "abortion is murder" is basically a point of ethics/morals.

    So it comes back to having Gosnell, a man of publicly demonstrated lack of ethics, morality or integrity, standing up and saying "morally I think abortion is murder". At which point most judges as much as anyone else will mentally and possibly verbally respond "right, like any of us care what you think about anything, let alone your views on ethics,. hang yourself and make everyone happy".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. which is why I agreed with your second point. though I may have phrased it badly

      Delete
  5. I think you should shut up and soldier.


    leaperman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't make me hurt you...
      it occurs to me I haven't checked in at motherlode in a while on the other hand the forum has been pretty dead.

      Delete
  6. Wolf...that forum is DEAD. I was just playin' wit ya wolf.
    I am glad you are back!

    leaperman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God is it ever. nothing on any of them in well over 30days or more? *headshake*

      Delete
  7. wolf..you can still comment in the regular mymotherlode.com

    would welcome input.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to drop a line but try and keep it civil if it breaks into a heated discussion.