Friday, June 4, 2010

Obama and the gulf coast

Obama is down in Louisiana today walking the beaches and what not. For some irrational reason it just screams to me "hey look ma! another photo op and a chance to look like I'm actually DOING something!" Yet I know that reaction is slightly irrational because most every president in recent memory has done that with a disaster..be it a hurricane, an earthquake or tornadoes that tear a place apart. Why do I say it's irrational to have my reaction to this? Well...because to be honest I think it's a good thing for a president to walk the devastation, see it, breathe it, smell the blood and the sweat and the tears.
With Obama though..it just sooo rubs me the wrong way because I see him as an empty 3piece suit dancing on puppet strings and mouthing the same old worn out, empty promises and platitudes. Trying to blow smoke up our butts. There is not a single thing he has done since taking office that makes sense, logical, financial or otherwise. At least none I can think of anyway. It's at once mystifying and exceedingly aggravating to me.
I've heard one brain dead moron named Robert Reichs, one of Clinton's former secretaries of something or other, suggest that Obama and the current pinheads in congress SEIZE the assets of BP and take over. Seriously? Seize the assets of a foreign owned company? Really? You really think this is a good idea? Oh you must since of course seeing as how the economy, the banks and the auto industry and making such miraculous recoveries due to the governments foresight in seizing them and telling the guys whose job it is to make a profit...how evil they are. riiiiiight.

that is all. I now return you to your regularly scheduled insanity and inanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop a line but try and keep it civil if it breaks into a heated discussion.